August 20 – Letter from the Director
We’d love to hear from you!!!!!
Saturday the SYNC Team met at my place to put the finishing touches on our upcoming events. We also began looking forward considering what could be offered the women in our community this spring. Here is where we need your input! Please email us at SYNC@SYNCreno.org with your thoughts and ideas. Some possibilities for a spring event are as follows:
- Priscilla Shirer Simulcast (This would be April 6th, the last Saturday of Washoe Co Spring Break and two weeks prior to Easter)
- Another Expo (In 2015 we invited ministries throughout our valley to each have a table where they could pass out materials and explain the focus of their ministry. Jill Tolles was our speaker. This brought many new people and lots of connections were made.) The venue was Airport Plaza Hotel.
- A themed event with breakouts.
- In 2014 our Telling Your Story Conference focused on telling our faith story according to our gifts and talents (if you are an artist, then paint. If you sew.. write.. sing etc.) The venue was South Reno Methodist Church.
- In 2016 our Detox Event focused on ridding our lives of anything distracting us from God. Karen Goodrick was our speaker. We had breakout sessions women could choose from such as ‘Family Culture,’ ‘Just in Case,’ ‘Healthy Living’ etc. The venue was the Airport Plaza Hotel.
- In 2017, we did a Priscilla Shirer Simulcast. The focus was on prayer. The venue, Outlook Church.
In addition to these events, in 2017 we served the Pathfinders Dinner, helped with Awaken’s silent auction, and held an ice cream social for Life Changing Community Outreach to assist in raising funds for the inner-city playground.
This July we held another ice cream social for Life Changing Community Outreach at the Playground Dedication. Our next events are the Pathfinder’s Dinner September 6th and the Beth Moore Simulcast September 15th. If you haven’t signed up yet to help serve, or bought tickets, now is the time!!! Please check out this website for each of these events.
So, back to the original question of how SYNC can best
- connect women throughout our community
- foster hope and purpose
- encourage women to serve..
Would you like a spring event?
If so, would you prefer a
- themed event with breakouts?
May the King of all kings bless each of you richly!
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.” 1Thess 5:11